*Use of firearm, ammunition, safety equipment and range fee are included in the price of the class. *Private classes, groups, one-on-one instruction available. Call 218-513-1001 for further information.
Personal Defense Training, MN Permit to Carry Class -Brainerd and surrounding areas.
Minnesota Permit to Carry & Basic Pistol Class
Students are introduced to the knowledge and skills necessary for owning and using a pistol safely and lawfully. Students will learn about pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, pistol shooting fundamentals, pistol shooting activities, laws regarding safe pistol operation, owner responsibilities, and Minnesota laws regarding personal protection and self-defense; according to the Minnesota Personal Protection Act Standards. Students must be 21 years of age.
Private Group Classes Available
1. Always treat the gun as if it were loaded.
2. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
3. Always wear eye and ear protection.
4. Always keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
5. Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
6. Never point the gun at anything you don’t intend to destroy.
7. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
8. Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the gun you are using.
9. Always use proper ammunition.
10. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before loading and shooting.
11. If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, hold you shooting position for several seconds; then with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, carefully unload the gun.
12. Do not rely on the gun’s safety to keep it from firing.
13. Be aware of you surroundings when handling guns so you don’t trip or lose your balance and accidentally point and/or fire the gun at anyone or anything.