*All training materials including the use of firearms and ammunition are included in the class fee *Private classes, groups, one-on-one instruction available
General Firearm Knowledge Class Students will be exposed to general firearm safety. Students will learn the rules for safe firearm ownership and will learn ways to safely secure firearms and ammunition in the home. Students will also learn how to teach children and young adults safe firearm behaviors.
Minnesota Permit to Carry & Basic Pistol Class
Students are introduced to the knowledge and skills necessary for owning and using a pistol safely and lawfully. Students will learn about pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, pistol shooting fundamentals, pistol shooting activities, laws regarding safe pistol operation, owner responsibilities, and Minnesota laws regarding personal protection and self-defense; according to the Minnesota Personal Protection Act Standards. Students must be 21 years of age.
Personal Defense Training, Permit to Carry Class
Permit to Carry Class in Brainerd and Surrounding areas in central MN.
Private Group Classes Available
1. Always treat the gun as if it were loaded.
2. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
3. Always wear eye and ear protection.
4. Always keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
5. Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
6. Never point the gun at anything you don’t intend to destroy.
7. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
8. Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the gun you are using.
9. Always use proper ammunition.
10. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before loading and shooting.
11. If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, hold you shooting position for several seconds; then with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, carefully unload the gun.
12. Do not rely on the gun’s safety to keep it from firing.
13. Be aware of you surroundings when handling guns so you don’t trip or lose your balance and accidentally point and/or fire the gun at anyone or anything.